VALDAK Corporation is a locally owned company originally formed in 1956 as Thrift Inc. In the middle 1960's the company purchased the Valley Dairy convenience stores. At this time, the company also changed its name from Thrift, Inc. to VALDAK Corporation (Valley of the Dakotas.) In 1979 VALDAK Corporation expanded into the gas and car wash business.
VALDAK Corporation currently owns and operates Valley Dairy Convenience Stores and Valley Car Washes in Grand Forks, ND and East Grand Forks, MN.
The convenience stores consist of nine units, seven that sell convenience store items and gasoline. In addition to the core convenience store items, newsstand and tobacco products are the focus of the other two locations.
There are four car washes, one that offers interior and exterior services for vehicles, two that are attendant operated exterior only locations, and the fourth is a touchless car wash attached to one of our convenience stores.
To be the premier operator of convenience stores and car washes in our marketing areas.